Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cringe! Teenage Diaries, Journals, Notes, Letters, Poems, and Abandoned Rock Operas

Holy Crap! :)
I'm published! If you can, check out the book: Cringe: Teenage Diaries, Journals, Notes, Letters, Poems, and Abandoned Rock Operas. My submissions are on pages 34-35, 52-53, 169 (text at bottom of page), 200,201 (my journal covers are featured), and 222-223. I am so excited to be published in this book! I never thought all those pages and pages of journals from my teenage years could amount to anything.
What's even more strange to me is that I'm not the only person who wrote in notebook after notebook... decorated the notebooks...worshiped the notebooks. There were TONS of us and we all thought we were uniquely doing what no one else had thought of. Crazy. Really crazy.
For more info on the history of the making of this book, see the article at:
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2007/04/cringe-escapes-the-fringe.html
Or... to order your own:
http://www.amazon.com/Cringe-Teenage-Diaries-Journals-Abandoned/dp/0307393585
Erinn

3 comments:

jen said...

hey erinn!
thanks for coming by my blog.
you're so right. when i first got the book, i of course flipped through to find my own handwriting but somehow ALL of it looked so familiar. it's really incredible. if only we knew then how alone we were not!
jen

*Larry said...

This is really cool...congrats!

Alanna/Tim said...

Erinn, very exciting! I wish I could see more into the book. I can't find anything online (to view pages). I'll have to check it out at Borders next time I'm there! Congratulations!